Final Major Project

Scrap yard Garlick is a blog to document my final major project, with everything from idea's to finished products

Thursday 29 April 2010

Here We Go Now

Well it's getting very close to that significant date that they call the deadline, final hand in, submission, when all the work comes down to a single moment of release. I've not used this blog as much as i wanted to, and in some way's i knew this might end up happening, as much as i like randomly dribbling, i can find it difficult to 'pick up the pen and start' so to say. Often talked about this with other people on the course, and i think the significant problem with this fmp blog is that i could do a blog post, or i could do some 'real' work, and so neglected this space somewhat.

Anyway the deadline is near and as always the final rush is upon me, i am use to this now, and although i did plan so i would not have a build up of work at the end, the inevitable has happened, i knew that would happen now didn't i.

I've been planning my work for the past 2 weeks and remaining week so i would get everything done, prioritising my work, however a slight problem is that I've got a slight mentality that the more i do the better. Initially this is true, more cars in the scene, more variation in assets,  would give the scene more believability, but at the same time it's amazing what you can do with so little. so I'm trying to get the key points that need to be done, and so not too worry about the endless stuff i 'could' do.

Now a week before deadline and I'm blogging, but didn't i just say i could be doing 'real' work instead of this, well you could always be doing something else, but I've not had a brilliantly productive day, and so feel slightly disheartened by that, and i know just doing a blog can help with sorting thoughts and helps the brain organize it's thoughts. on the note of organisation, organisation has helped me tremendously in this project, I've had a file system i could understand throughout, and actually anyone could look trough my folders and find what they were looking for.

Right well i think that's enough, i do feel better now, also as I'm writing my design document at the moment some of that randomness can be put into sense... yeah I'm stopping now, until that next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment